30 Years of First Steps!
- A birth defect in which the foot is twisted out of shape or position.
- o Nearly 80% of children with congenital clubfoot birth defect are born in developing countries. (clubfoot solutions)
- Children with clubfoot are often bullied and they tend to stay away from public places like school. Without education, their chances of eventually finding a good job and contributing to society are diminished.
- o These children have difficulty finding shoes to fit and protect their feet when walking, if they are able to walk.
We follow the Ponsetti method to treat babies and children with clubfoot. This is a months long process that requires weekly re-casting before they are fitted with their shoes from our partner, Iowa Brace. Your donation could provide:
- Clubfoot casting kits with plaster and fiberglass rolls
- A custom designed prosthetic leg replacement
- Many patients have never walked. A $100 dollar donation can provide a life changing prosthetic for a below the knee amputee.