Who are we?
- Mabuhay Deseret Foundation (MDF) is one of the largest surgical charity organizations in the Philippines
- MDF was founded in 1988 by Dr. Edward William Jackson
What do we do?
- We provide life-changing surgical treatment to the poor suffering from clubfoot, cleft lip/palate, cataracts, crossed eyes, other eye maladies, burn contractures, and provide artificial legs for below the knee amputees.
How do we do it?
- Highly trained Filipino doctors in Luzon, Visayas and MIndanao perform charity operations
- Respected hospitals and clinics (e.g. Cebu Medical Hospital, Davao Medical, Fatima Medical Center, St. Luke’s Medical Center, and etc.) give MDF substantial discounts on use of their facilities
- Our three hospice houses offer patients free room and board while undergoing treatment, pre-op, and post-op
How are we funded?
- Individuals and companies donate funds to support our program and sponsor patients’ medical treatment
What is our track record?
- We bring about an average of 10 surgeries per day, 250 per month, 3,000 per year
- Since our founding, we have facilitated more than 50,000 operations
How Can You Help?
- MDF needs organizations and individuals who can help shoulder the costs of our operations and lower our costs by donating food, medicine, or directly sponsoring patients’ medical costs
- For information on how you can help or to refer patients, call at Tel. (632) 9121681, Fax (632) 9120105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org